Monday, February 13, 2012

Easy Weekend

This past weekend was one of the more enjoyable ones for me. I stayed home all day Saturday. Got up when I felt like I was rested at 9 am, fixed a nice breakfast, did my daily computer stuff and stayed in my jammies until 11.

Sewing was fun - finished the borders for the ten minute block quilt and the 1600 quilt. They're both draped on the frame, waiting for me to figure out how I want to quilt both of them.

Other than church,a trip to Joann's and Kroger's, I stayed home on Sunday.

Andrea returned home safe and sound from her trip to Florida. Her first comment? "The house is so clean!". Wow! How nice to hear that from her. She's happy to be home and doesn't return to work until tomorrow.

Danny phoned me on Sunday afternoon and had a rather strange request. He wants me to make kilts for him and two buddies for their St. Patrick's day festivities. Anybody out there know how to do that? We're talking real easy here folks, I don't want to put a lot of time or effort into this.

Saturday also marked ten months since Michael's death. Amazingly, I was really at peace that day. I was in the sewing room (former train room ) a lot. Maybe it's because Michael spent so much time in that room, but I feel so happy when I'm there. At one point, I looked out the window and felt so happy. No particular reason why. Suppose I shouldn't try to analyze why and just go with the feeling. At this stage, I'll settle for being peaceful.

I'll work on the joyful bit.

Love ya,
Cathy

No comments: