Friday, March 2, 2012

Short of the Goal

My goal for the month of February was to completely finish five quilts.

Well..... I completed three - the Betty Boop, Pampered Pooches and Ten Minute Blocks. The other two are pieced and laying on the frame- a baby quilt and a 1600 quilt.

I sort of got side-tracked.

My twin nephews are graduating this spring and I struggled with finding the "right" quilt pattern for them. Finally found a wonderful pattern on the internet - an Ohio State pattern made from five inch log cabin squares. So, I started that last week. I e-mailed the designer and she's working on a pattern for Bowling Green which should be ready in a couple of weeks. Obviously, those are my nephews' college choices.

It's going to be an extremely busy weekend. There's a quilt show in Lebanon which I may attend. I've gone in years past, but had to skip it last year. I'm meeting a friend for dinner on Saturday night. After dinner, she and I are going to a concert at church. The widows/widowers group at church is having their quarterly meeting on Sunday afternoon - I'm supposed to bring a dessert. In between all that, the regular weekend activities and some quilting.

What I'm looking forward to the most? Sleeping in on Saturday morning.

Love ya,
Cathy

No comments: