Friday, July 23, 2010

Too Long Between Posts

July 8! Holy cow, have I ever been remiss about keeping up with the blogosphere! But, to be perfectly honest, there have been little to no activities in the sewing room. I figured y'all didn't particularly like to read every nitty, gritty detail about life in our household. Events, however, have kept me from blogging, phoning, quilting - just about everything.

My DD's anxiety issues appeared to be getting worse, so with her counselor's blessing, I readmitted her to a mental health facility near our house. She's already feeling better since Tuesday and should be able to return home either today or tomorrow morning. She will have to return for outpatient care, but at least she will be home.

I need to share that our decision to re-admit her was tough on both me and her. A lot of tears were shed. In many ways, she is my closest friend in addition to being my daughter. We share so many things and lean on each other a lot.

The issues with her biological father appear to be at the apex of her concerns. I tried numerous times to contact the man earlier this week without any success until last night. He phoned the house to ask if Andrea could accompany him to Columbus this weekend to visit his parents. I advised him what was going on. For a man for goes months with no contact, he was surprisingly shattered. Andrea's perception is her father doesn't love her and has rejected her on more than one occasion. The lack of love is not true, but her perception is her reality. Her father is just a lazy, lazy man. Andrea requested that she have no contact with him until she is home. Hopefully, her father will not forget.

Michael is not believing any of the issues with Andrea are real. He thinks she is doing all this for attention. And he actually had the nerve to tell me he's jealous of all the attention Andrea is receiving from me right now.

My trials are temporary - I know that. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without my faith to keep me lifted up and positive. I phoned my mother to let her know about Andrea -a tough call to make. Mom said she'll pray for Andrea and you know, I feel those prayers. Andrea does too.

I will be glad to have her back home and plan on loving her. And maybe get a bit of quilting done this weekend.

Love ya,
Cathy

4 comments:

Linda said...

Cathy, I contacted Regina and Moneik even before you posted this. I didn't go into detail, but simply asked them to be part of a prayer circle for you, Andrea and your family. I'm not scheduled to work in the shop next week, so if you want to get together during lunch you and I can hug and pray together. I love you, my sister in Christ. You won't walk this path alone.

Jennifer said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and Andrea. Glad to hear from you and hope you continue to update us all even when there isn't lots of sewing to blog about!

Moneik said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially Andrea. Hope you have a better week. Hugs,

D said...

I've been reading for awhile. I don't know how I would handle the tug-of-war but I feel God will guide you. Thank you for sharing. You will be in my prayers.