Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011!

Despite Michael's deteriorating health, I'm doing my best to ring in the new year with a positive attitude and an eye toward my future. Whatever God has planned for me will enrich my life here in earth. The pain Michael and I are experiencing now will make all the future happier times so much more enjoyable - his in heaven. That fact alone makes me smile: an enormous change just in the last few months.

So, with that in mind, here are my hopes and goals for 2011:

-to make Michael's last days on earth as comfortable as possible
-once he enters our Father's loving arms, to remember the good times and celebrate the life he had
-appreciate and love my family more through actions and words
-pray more
-study God's word more
-participate in more activities at church
-cherish existing friendships and cultivate new ones
-stick to the budget (toughie)
-exercise more (yuch)
-plan healthier meals
-keep sewing room tidier
-quilt at least one flimsy every month

I think that's enough to keep me occupied. LOL!

Seriously, I wish you the happiest, healthiest and best of New Years. Let's make 2011 one of our best!

I love you all,
Cathy

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You and Michael are always in my thoughts. Embrace each day as it comes. May you have a Happy and Safe New year.

Jennifer said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and wishes for a good new year.

Moneik said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you for a blessed New Year. Enjoy the time you have left together. Your friends are always here for you. Hugs!