Monday, April 26, 2010

Helping Hands

Andrea's getting better; Michael and I both agree on that topic. I spent a lot of time with her this weekend. She and I went to the art museum in Cincinnati, out for lunch, Hobby Lobby, Aldi's and Ikea. Between all that, we finished putting together her new Ikea furniture including the chair we just bought and had her laptop fixed. Thank you, thank you, thank you to my nephew William for doing that computer task. Andrea is soooooooooo grateful. She used our main computer at home, which caused some friction between her and Michael. In other words, Michael doesn't share well with others, even me, when he wants on the computer.

Spoilt baby, is what Andrea and I call him! LOL.

Michael had a rough weekend. He was supposed to join us for the art museum outing since a dear friend provided us with a wheelchair for him. Even with that assistance, he just couldn't muster up the body/lung strength to go. Interesting change of heart for him: Friday was a good day for him - breathing-wise. I mentioned Hospice to him and there was no way, no how, never, ever going to agree to their help. By Saturday night, he had taken a 180 turn on that issue. He said I may be right, go ahead and contact them. We have an appointment tomorrow at the house with a Hospice nurse. I'd be grateful for any type of help they can provide to make our lives easier whether it's equipment or counseling.

Believe it or not, I got some sewing time in yesterday afternoon!!! I'm working on a Very Badly handbag with a zipper. First time I've put a zipper in anything since Home Ec in junior high hundreds of years ago. I really was proud of the effort even though it was frustrating at first. If I can get 90 minutes of uninterrupted sewing time tonight, I could be finished with this new bag and it's mine, all mine!

Need to work on a couple of small projects for Mother's Day and then get a quilt top on the frame. This one is slated for the spare bedroom which I have to get painted first. That is a weekend project...... Andrea has to get her stuff outta there first.

My mother is supposed to return from her two week China trip on Wednesday. I have missed her counsel for that time. I usually speak with her at least once a week. Andrea was admitted to Lindner Hospital the day BEFORE they left and I just didn't have the heart to tell Mom about it since I knew she'd either cancel her trip or fret about her grand-daughter the entire two weeks. Either one wasn't fair to her. So I kept quiet when when she phoned the night before their departure. That was difficult. So, I'm looking forward to her safe return and hearing all about their China experience.



jillquilts said...

You sound like you are in much better spirits yourself!!

Since Hospice is a part of my hospital system, I know that you will be in good hands with their services. Several co-workers of mine volunteer with several of the locations and they sing their praises everytime they visit.

You and your family are in my thoughts!!!

Linda and Piwacket said...

When my brother passed away our family would not have been able to get through it without the angels from Hospice. Same is true when my MIL was nearing the end of her life.I think you did the right thing concerning your mom and I'm glad you'll get to hear her voice again. Yay for making a purse for YOU!