Thursday, May 20, 2010

Status Quo

The reason I haven't blogged for over a week is that there's really nothing new to report. It's just the normal day-to-day struggles for my little family tossed in with a sick kitty. Yes, Smudge is having litter box and intestinal challenges again. He's going to the vet this evening which I'm sure he's looking forward to with great anticipation. LOL

Watercolor quilt class at church on Monday night was a blast! I still can't believe how E-A-S-Y that pattern is! But, I managed to bungle it up by choosing the wrong type of pattern for the border. I've purchased some more grid fabric and intend on selecting more appropriate fabric with the next one. It's too bad we're done with these classes at church until the fall. I will miss them.

Andrea and Tattoo Boy received an invitation to their cousin Trent's high school graduation and party. (I wasn't invited - no shock there!) Both of my kids are broke, so I purchased some fabric to make Trent a quilt they can give him. The colors are royal blue, grey and white - the colors of the university he will be attending in the fall and I've picked out an easy pattern from the small quilts magazine I purchased last week. Ideally, I'd like to have the top completely pieced by the end of the weekend.

Michael's about the same now - he had a horrible Monday - stayed in bed nearly all day. He's maxed out the oxygen level on the exchanger he uses at home, so we mentioned this to the hospice nurse. She says there are machines with higher levels and if need be, they can rig two exchangers together. We'll look into that more seriously next week. Had an interesting chat with Michael - seems he does believe everybody has a spirit that moves on after life, but he claims that has nothing to do with God. I felt positive about this statement since it may lead the way in convincing him of God's existence and love. He grumbles a lot about Andrea and I "leaving the house on purpose" to avoid him. Of course that's not true, but we do have groceries to buy and events out of the home which require attention. Our lives cannot stop and somebody's got to do those things which keep a house a home. Why can't he realize that?

The insurance check and paperwork for the new roof are on their way to our mortgage company. Hoping to set a date for the roof work soon. Home Depot phoned to let us know the glass for the picture window is in, but that doesn't do us a lot of good since there is no way Michael can install that window. They're supposed to get back with us. I'm being taught patience........

Hugs,
Cathy

No comments: