Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fire and Fast Weekends

Yesterday morning, something in the kitchen smelled like plastic burning. Checked the fridge - nope, still OK. Looked around, nothing else was turned on. Chalk one up to my over-imaginative nose. A few minutes later, I turned around and saw flames shooting out of the laptop cord! I quickly unplugged the charger and blew the flames out. No harm other than the canisters sitting on the counter were a bit singed. The power cord's toast and was quickly tossed into the trash out in the garage. But, talk about scary! What would have happened had I not been at home? Thank the Lord that wasn't the case.

I must not have been in the mood to sew yesterday as I spent most of my day shopping. Managed to put quite a dent into the Christmas shopping. What hasn't been purchased yet will have to wait until next payday or until my son tells me what he'd like to have. Honestly, I don't have a clue for him.

After church, I dropped some can goods off at the local food drive and went to WalMart for a few things. Then, I got to sew, but the phone wouldn't stop ringing. Typical!

I pieced and quilted a tabletopper for my mother's birthday gift and got the binding ready for another quilt. Pleased to have gotten at least that much done.

So with all that done, the weekend's drawing to a close and it's back to the office tomorrow.

Hope you all have a pleasant week!
Love ya,
Cathy

3 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

Thank goodness you were there. Scary.
Ann

Moneik said...

So glad to know you're okay and that it was while you were home.

Glenda in Florida said...

I'm so glad I kept you on my list of blog favorites, and to see that you are blogging again. Scary story about the power cord! I've thought of you often this summer and fall as I would click on your blog. Hugs and kind thoughts as you go through the holidays.