Friday, August 22, 2008


This has been a challenging week in many ways for my family and I. First off, Michael pulled a muscle in his back which hurts like a knife whenever he coughs. Squelching a cough isn't easy for someone who has a lung disease like his. Fortunately, our doctor gave him some high powered cough medication which is giving the pulled muscle a chance to heal. On the drive home from the doctor's, the crown fell off one of his top front teeth. Got him a dentist's appointment that afternoon since we were planning on meeting friends from Atlanta for dinner that night.

All this happened on the first day of school to boot! It wasn't stressful for me, mind you, but Andrea was unable to eat or sleep well the night before. She's OK now, but doesn't talk much about school other than she likes her English teacher.

Last night, I went to a small quilters' group meeting in Fairfield thanks to Jill. I enjoyed my time with the other quilters and got a lot done on my Turquoise Geese binding. Most of the gals worked on quilts for charity, so I felt a bit odd working on something for myself. Next meeting, I'll have something to work on and donate.

The end of the binding job for Turquoise Geese is in sight! I made a list of things I want to get done this weekend: put another top on the frame, finish the binding on Linda's Horsies, put a serious dent into the sewing for the Strip Happy quilt and cut the fabric out for the Stash Pot Pie assignment. Since it's going to be VERY, VERY hot outside, it will be a great time to stay in the comforts of my air conditioned house and sew. The Mason Heritage Festival is tomorrow so Andrea and I may go to that. Never know what we'll find at that event, other than picking up a few new fridge magnets. We're supposed to go to Martin and Bev's for dinner tomorrow evening too, but we haven't heard any details about that yet.

Tattoo Boy got his acceptance letter from the university. The paperwork for his enrollment was hung up because his father neglected to complete a necessary form. For the first time, EVER, I phoned my ex at work, got his schedule and told TB to take the form to him and fax it from there. A week's delay taken care of in 10 minutes - POOF!!! Real typical of the ex; don't get me started. We're waiting on a time slot for orientation. Classes start Sept. 24.

Girly Day on Monday was a hit. Andrea and I got our hair and nails done, picked up recycling bins at city hall, bought neutering vouchers for the kittens at the Humane Society, visited the homeless kitties, had lunch at Subway, went to the movies and had dinner with Michael at Skyline Chili. I LOVED sleeping in until 8 am too! At least taking Monday off made the week go a bit quicker. It is TGIF!

Keep stitchin'

No comments: