Monday, November 17, 2008

Back to the Real World....

From Thursday to Sunday, I immersed myself into sewing at the guild's retreat in Blue Licks, KY. Admittedly, I'm pleased that I completed as much as I did. But, the thing I'm most pumped up about is that I met other quilters, formed new friendships and cemented ones that were already started. Roomie Jill and I "fought off" the advances of the local wildlife. (Not really - just kept them from getting into our sodas and food in the coolers!) I met several other quilters from my area - one in particular is keen to set up a local group to meet every other week. With each completed project, I cheered and admired the craftsmanship. There's still so much to learn and so much to quilt!

I'll get Michael to take some photos of the tops I worked on and post later. Mentally, I'm finding it difficult to get back into the rhythm of things. Mondays are bad enough, but when you've been out for four days, it's even nastier.

How many days until the next retreat?

Hugs,
Cathy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Goodness gal, you have been busy, busy! I wish I enjoyed sewing as all the quilts look wonderful but alas, xs is my main vice! LOL Drop an email when ya have time! Huggers! Lisa