Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Freezing Rain and First 2009 Project

One would think that since I grew up in Northeast Ohio that I'd be used to dealing with the crap Mother Nature dishes out every winter. OK, I admit I get a bit tense with snow, but my Honda CRV handles that like a champion. Now, freezing rain - that's WHOLE other ballgame. It frightens me. Even four-wheel-on demand can't handle freshly fallen freezing rain. Yesterday, the roads and traffic were hideously awful thanks to a well-timed batch of freezing rain right before rush hour. Being the big chicken that I am, I waited for two hours before heading to the office. Gave the road crews a chance to work their magic and save wear/tear on my nerves. It worked. Hoping I won't have to use that approach for too many days this winter. But, that's what PTO time is for. I shouldn't be so leery of using it.

And GUESS WHAT? It's snowing! Florida sounds better and better. I should have stowed away in my mother's car when they left for Port Charlotte on Monday!

With my two extra hours at home yesterday, I took the opportunity to sew more of my son's UC quilt. I got all the strips pieced together and last night after work sewed all the strips together. I should be able to get the borders sewn on tonight. It won't be done for Tattoo Boy's birthday tomorrow, but he's not too worried about it. Once I get the borders on, I'll post a photo.

My friend Linda's son was involved in an accident - he was travelling with his college glee club when their van driver fell asleep at the wheel. Fortunately, Linda's boy is going to be OK - he may have a broken wrist. It could have been much worse. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

It looks like my 9 am appointment is a no-show, so I'd best get back to work.
Warm hugs,
Cathy

No comments: