Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Great Slow Down

After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, Tattoo Boy's birthday, and year-end processing at work, the activity slow down I'm experiencing is a welcome relief. Trouble is, I find it hard to get motivated to do any quilting. I'm content with examining fabric and cutting scraps into manageable sizes, looking at patterns and reading magazines.

Last night I loaded Tattoo Boy's University of Cincinnati quilt on the frame. I was satisfied with that, plus it was getting close to bedtime, so I didn't even start winding bobbins let alone do any sewing. Instead, I plowed my butt into the sofa, watched television and did a bit of cross stitching.

My path to physical improvement and spiritual growth in 2009 is not being ignored however. I did my Wii workout last night. Well aware that my Jillian Michaels' work out game is more of a challenge, but I got so little sleep the night before, I didn't want to totally wipe myself out.

I'm keeping up with the daily Bible readings too. I've found reading prior to breakfast when the house is quiet and no one else is around is the best time for that. My church gave all its members a new Bible broken down into daily readings with the goal being participants will have read the entire book by year's end. I'm proud of my on-going efforts with my faith.

Weigh in was bad last week - but then again nobody in our group lost anything over the holidays. I feel much more positive about the weigh in tomorrow since I've written down everything I've eaten this week and done a few work outs.

I haven't mentioned Michael for a while. Nothing new to report with him at present. He returns to the pulmonologist next Monday for his quarterly visit. The cold and damp air doesn't help his breathing, so he spends a lot of time indoors. He's had some nasty coughing spells, the latest being on Sunday night which was the cause of neither of us getting much sleep. At least his work schedule is such that he can take naps during the afternoon if he needs.

Well, the quilting bug will eventually return, have no fear.

Hugs,
Cathy

No comments: