Monday, February 1, 2010

Warm and Toasty

I cannot begin to tell you all how truly lovely it is to wake up and have the house at a reasonable temperature. Although, I was getting very adept at dashing to the bathroom, grabbing my robe and sprinting to the utility room to hit the override switch on the furnace.

Now, we're working on the dirty, stinky part of our lives - a k a the washing machine. The Sears repairman was at the house this morning - yes it's a major repair job (the transmission). It'll take two repair guys 90 minutes to get the job done. We're trying to get that scheduled asap since the mounds of laundry are overtaking our bedrooms.

So, the black cloud of broken appliances is slowly disappearing from our home.

Didn't get much accomplished over the weekend. I quilted the Thimbleberries Lakeside wall quilt and attached the binding. Pieced a few more blocks of the Civil War Layer Cake. Spent more time knitting - finished the scarf to match my mittens and started a sock. I've read so much about my blogging friends knitting socks, I had to give it a go. I've never worked with four needles at once, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

This week I intend on piecing a few more snowballs and post a photo so I can be included in Regina's snowball round-up report.

I tried a new Sunday School class yesterday and have to report that I am thrilled with my choice. It's one just for gals - they were so friendly and nice. They're active in helping with events at the church. In fact, they're hosting a luncheon on Saturday. I signed up to bring a potato dish even though it was my first day there. Seemed like the right thing to do and a great way of getting acquainted. I have been attending this church for a couple of years, but always zipped in and out of 9:30 service, never meeting folks and just staying anonymous. I think I need more than that from the Christian community now, but it's up to me to find it. They surely won't come looking for me!

Have a fantastic Monday!
Hugs,
Cathy

2 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Knitting with 4 needles did take a little to get used to. I was happy to start with the baby caps and get used to it, but now, it's awkward to me to use the larger needles on the caps after using the tiny ones for the socks! I guess you found a good free pattern for the socks? Good luck!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm so glad your furnace is finally working! I'm with you about getting involved in church activities. It really makes a big difference. Take care and have a great week!