Friday, January 29, 2010

Baby,It's Cold Outside!

Michael thinks the folks who settled this land years ago were truly bonkers. They had to be to stay in a land where the humidity's horrendous in the summer and the temperatures plummet to the negative digits in the winter. Today, with the wind chill of -2, I'm in full agreement! LOL

The part Michael ordered for our furnace didn't work, so I had to take charge of that situation. The repairman's on his way to the house to install a new control panel and he's 99 percent sure that will take care of the issues. However, Michael is furious at me for hiring it done.

Our washing machine? Did you see that out-of-the blue comment from somebody at Sears? They offered to help with either the repair of the existing washer or give me a percentage off on a new washer. The Sears repairman is coming on Monday. If you want a chuckle - go to Youtube and look up Michael's video of the washer. It's under smudgeloco. After all this, the Sears team came through with help.

Gotten a bit more sewing done this week, but frankly the sewing room is too cool. Andrea's hijacked the space heater for her room. I sewed eight more blocks from the Civil War fabric layer cake last night - really pleased with how it looks so far.

Given all the repair issues we're having, I think it's best for my budget not to purchase any more fabric or other sewing room goodies for a while. I'd like to try my hand at knitting socks. Those of you who are sock knitters - where can I find a good, easy to understand free pattern on the internet? I have the needles, so would just need to pick up a couple of skeins of yarn for the project. I'm finding myself spending more time in the evening knitting whilst watching television. Jill's socks looked so cute, I'm inspired to try it too.

Best get back to work.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Cathy

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I saw the comment from Sears so I do hope they will come through and help you out. Now onto the furnace. I sure hope it starts working soon. I know what you mean about cold because it's colder than cold here too. Good luck with the knitting.