Monday, January 25, 2010

Appliance Wars - Part Deux

Michael studied the owner's manual and operating guide for our furnace, researched on line and deduced what the issue is with our furnace. He ordered the part and hopefully once it's here that will be the end of our heating woes. Sometimes it fires up, other times not, but the nots are happening more often. I still worry the part won't fix it. Stay tuned and pray that it doesn't get too cold in the house.

I phoned a repairman on Saturday and let him listen to the noises created by my 18-month-old washing machine. He informed me that he could charge me for a visit but it would be a waste of money and time. I told him the model and make and he knew what the problem is - the transmission - same thing my step-dad said. Well, I'm a bit cranky about this and have e-mailed Sears and GE. Eighteen months is HORRIBLE for a major appliance!

Our garbage disposal wasn't working either. Does this say something about us? LOL. This one, however, I could fix with Michael's directions. A pop-up thermometer from a lamb roast was wedged in the disposal.

Despite the issues created by the appliances, I managed to get a decent amount of quilting in this weekend. Finished a baby quilt for a co-worker. Cut, pieced and quilted a Valentine's Day wall hanging for my cubicle at work. Made six blocks from the Civil War fabric layer cake I purchased last week. AND got a Thimbleberries Lakeside quilt loaded onto the frame - one pass accomplished. It's kind of nice to not have deadlines for any of my projects at the moment. Had fifteen minutes to spare before driving to work this morning, so I sewed. Do you know how tough that is - only fifteen minutes? But, if I keep that habit, before long the progress will be notable - at least that is what Bonnie Hunter says.

My quality inspector, a k a Smudge, stayed curled on my lap when I did some hand sewing and knitting during the football games yesterday. Knitting with him is a bit of a challenge since he attacks the thread from time to time. He loves when I'm sewing the binding down on a quilt - it gets quite toasty for him as long as he can avoid the clips holding the fabric.

Mom was in town again - on their way back to NE Ohio from Memphis. It was nice to attend church with family. Before I left for church, Michael noted that I was wearing the gold cross necklace that he gave me for Christmas. Told him that it serves as a nice reminder, but before he could scoff too much I continued that it reminds me to pray for him. That left him speechless.

Hey, the sun is shining - first time in a week!
Hugs,
Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear CatQuilter,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are currently experiencing with your washer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Executive Team and we want you to know that we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so we can assist with a resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (CatQuilter) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Thank you,

David V.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

Linda said...

So Sears is starting to read our blogs now?