Monday, August 30, 2010

Sewing Is Good For the Soul

Things have settled down a bit at Chez Howe and I found a few hours over the weekend to actually get some sewing done. Finished the quilting on my friend's pink and green quilt and got the binding tacked down. Also, completed a small flannel quilt for Miss Milly to use. And it felt fantastic getting SOMETHING accomplished in the sewing room. I have big sewing plans for the upcoming holiday weekend - let's see if my family permits it! LOL

Church was wonderful yesterday. Pastor Tom's message from James 4:7 about patience in suffering was incredibly inspirational. Yes, we all go through tough times, but it's how we handle those adversities that defines us and allows us to grow. I'd like to think that I'm handling Michael's illness with patience and grace, but there are times when I'd just like to escape the situation. But, that is the easy way out and I'd learn nothing by doing that. Patience has rarely been my strongest asset, but I'm learning.

Milly continues to be an absolute joy for each of us. Andrea and her friends played with her so much yesterday afternoon, the kitten was exhausted. But, back to normal this morning and racing through the house. She discovered the sewing room yesterday, but I didn't let her stay too long - too much to get her into trouble.

Michael's breathing continues to worsen. He struggles even walking to the bathroom from the office. I took him clothes shopping on Saturday - nothing fits him any more. I had to help him in the changing room. Imagine the looks we got when we came out of the room together! LOL. No hanky panky, I can assure you!

Off to lunch with my gal pal, Linda.

Hugs,
Cathy

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your lunch with Linda!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I wanna come for lunch, too! LOL! Too far to drive for lunch though, I suppose! In something really fattening for me!

Cindy said...

Oh have fun with Linda. It's a day of celebration.