Friday, September 10, 2010

Serenity Now

Peace and tranquility rule today in Chez Howe. "Bad boy" Michael is very contrite. He knows how poorly he treated me and Andrea and is acting much better for the time being. I owe a lot of that to Michael's friend Martin.

You see, Martin and I "chat" on Facebook most nights. Martin truly loves Michael and wants an honest appraisal how his bestest buddy is doing. He also serves as a sounding board for my feelings and if Martin thinks Michael has been abusive, he lets Michael know in no uncertain terms. (Are all Englishmen brutally honest?) I believe that's happened. Like some men, Michael doesn't take what his wife says to heart. But if he hears the same thing from a guy - WHAMMO - it hits home.

Michael has never had and kept a lot of friends. Martin is probably the only friend Michael has so it's unfortunate that sometimes my spouse treats his buddy poorly. He moans about Martin's stupidity, lack of model train skills, poor money handling, etc., etc., etc. Michael's eldest daughter, Leah, told me that she doesn't remember her dad ever having buddies the whole time she was living at home. Sad. I don't know what I would do without my buddies - both via the internet and in person. Little wonder Michael feel so lost and alone - no faith in God and no buds.

Andrea stayed home from school today - she had a major art project due and was no where near completion because she kept changing her mind on the topic. I permitted her brother to "skip" school one time for the same reason, so she asked for the same treatment. It's 2:30 and the project is done! I'm anxious to see it - she did a pencil drawing of herself as an infant - and it was looking fantastic last night. She is so talented, but has little faith in her abilities. We're working on that.

Mark Lipinski was supposed to be at the quilt show in Sharonville this weekend, but as many of you know, Mark is battling polycystic kidney disease and is on the transplant list. He cannot be more than four hours away from home right now. Keep him in your prayers.

Well, I was resigned NOT to attend the show, but one of the quilts I'm working on would look fantastic with a variegated thread which I'd either have to order via internet or pick up at the show. Being that I'd prefer to SEE/TOUCH the thread first to make sure it suits the quilt, I may be headed to Sharonville.

Tattoo Boy had another one of his art pieces in a gallery show this weekend. His phone "blew up" again, so I have no way to get in touch with him other than Facebook and he doesn't log in there very often. So, I have no idea what gallery, times, etc. I'd love to see his work.

So, things are serene for now. I can certainly get used to them staying this way.

Love ya,
Cathy

1 comment:

Michele said...

Glad your life has an oasis of calm at the moment. Kittens DO make it all better.