Monday, April 21, 2008

Back from the retreat

Hi all! I'm back from the ESA/St. Jude's retreat in Palestine, OH. I had a great time, but as you can probably guess am a bit tired. I didn't bring a camera to the retreat, so hoping that Jill and Jen will post some photos on their blogs. I think those two got even less sleep than me! There were 46 quilters all working in one big auditorium and it was a blast seeing all the different projects, meeting new folks and having wonderful meals fixed for you! Everyone was so nice and supportive, ooing and ahhhing over every finished project. I pieced a baby quilt- the Very Hungry Caterpillar - and a lap quilt from the Nickel quilts book II - Butterfly Waltz. The latter is for my mum for Mother's Day next month, so I have to get that quilted soon. Also finished a small purse/totebag in class. Doesn't seem like much, but the butterfly quilt is pieced with 2 and 1/4 inch squares. DEFINITELY want to attend this retreat next year!

No rest for the wicked - my short nap yesterday afternoon was interrupted by phone calls. Then, we had dinner and drove to Hamilton to pick up a marble sink top Michael found on Craig's List.

Back to work today, but the lack of sleep is catching up with me and I'm really dragging despite the coffee. My family did not do any of the chores I assigned them this weekend - now that's a shocker! LOL! We were completely out of bird seed and squirrel food, so I made a quick dash to the feed store before they closed yesterday. Gotta feed the wildlife! At least the indoor pets didn't starve! They both seemed very happy to see me though. Smudge curled up on the bed with me for the brief nap.

So, that was my weekend. Miss it already and want to sew even more!
Hugs,
Cathy

No comments: