Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting It Done One Quilt Top At A Time!

Hi all!
Since I posted about all my projects, I've quilted three of the tops that were on my list. I'm hand-binding the quilt that I pieced during the retreat a few weeks ago so I can get it mailed by Wednesday - it's a mother's day gift for my mum. The other top I finished were given to co-workers - a baby quilt and a lap quilt. OK -so they were small, but they're D-O-N-E!!!!

Also on tap is another top for next Saturday's Stash Pot Pie class. It's about half-way done and uses the fat quarters that Gina sent to me. I supplemented those with a few I already had, but I'm well pleased with it thus far. Yes, one of these day I will learn how to post photos!

I went shopping on Saturday - the first shop I tried was new to me near Kenwood Mall. A real disappointment - nothing new or different there and the staff member treated me little better than an unwelcome weed. I doubt if I go there again, but I did find binding clips there and a cute little purse pattern. The second shop was nearer my house in West Chester - Yarns and Fabrications. Been there before, but it has been a while. They were having a clearance sale, so I picked up a few yards of fabric to supplement my stash.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss the guild meeting tonight probably since I have an appointment at 5 to have my car worked on. The brakes are making a horrible squealing noise and I thought it best to get them looked at.

DD decided to dye her hair this weekend after I finally relented. It's not bad actually, but it's taking me a while to get used to it. Her best friend's mom did a nice job. Oh well, it'll be gone in six weeks.

Michael has his semi-annual appointment with the pulmonologist tomorrow. I'm tagging along just to make sure Michael "hears" everything. He wants to tell the doctor the therapy did him no good, the inhaler doesn't work and the oxygen at night does nothing for him other than disturb his sleep. I can't tell the man a thing, but I'm hoping the doctor tells him in no uncertain terms that he needs the oxygen at night and WHY.

The other "man" in my life is also sick. Poor Smudge has been throwing up a lot the last few days. I'm taking him to the vet as soon as I can get an appointment for him. Poor kitty. He's not really happy that I've been keeping him out of the sewing room, but the last thing I need is for him to ralph on something I'm working on.

Since it is Cinco De Mayo a bunch of us are going out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I haven't been there in ages, but have carefully planned how many chips I can eat and what salad to order (without sour cream) and still stay within my points for the day. Speaking of points, I managed to lose a pound last week - weigh in was good on Saturday. I probably won't stay for the Weight Watchers meeting next week because of Stash Pot Pie, but I will weigh in. I do best with that plan if I MAKE myself go once a week. I missed six weeks of meetings/weigh ins thanks to the England trip, getting sick and the retreat and it showed - I gained over two pounds. Doesn't sound like much does it, but when I think about all the work and effort that went into losing the 36 pounds I've lost, I coulda kicked myself. It's not all that tough to journal, but it's even easier to slide back into the old habits.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Doesn't it just feel fabulous to get things completed?!?!?!