Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where has the month gone?

Honestly, only three more days left in May? Wish I could report that I've been sewing up a storm, but that would be telling false tales.

My trip to Atlanta went well, but I didn't get to a quilt shop. During the three-day work trip, I left my room at 6:30 am and didn't return until 8:30 pm each day. I was B-E-A-T. Thought I'd be going through quilting/sewing withdrawals, but I brought a marvelous book with me to read - Quilters' Catalogue by Meg Cox. Kept me occupied at night and during the flight delays.

Want to guess what my house looked like when I returned home on Friday night? Well, if you imagine a kitchen filled with dirty dishes, laundry on the floor, and mail strewn on every flat surface, you are correct. By 10 that night, I had the kitchen tidied up. I have a "thing" for going to bed with a tidy kitchen. Or should I say I have a "thing" for waking up to a clean kitchen. My mother and her husband were going to visit us for weekend and were supposed to arrive around noon on Saturday. I took a lot of pleasure in rousing the "troops" at 7 on Saturday morning to help me clean and tidy. (That'll teach 'em - at least until the next business trip......)

We had a great visit with Mom. Took her out for dinner and a movie (Indiana Jones) on Saturday night, flea market and thrift store shopping on Sunday. She and Ken helped me plant the flowers I purchased on Monday before they left for home. Then, I did get some sewing done - horray!

My dear friend Carolyn's birthday is this Friday, so I started a lap quilt for her on Monday - Split Decision - making it with Debbie Mumm cat fabric. Last night I managed to get half of the borders done and should be able to get it loaded onto the frame by the end of the evening tonight. Carolyn will be out of the office until next Monday, so I have a few extra days to finish.

Crazy Smudge has been sticking to me like glue since I returned from Atlanta. I picked up a packet of catnip seeds on Sunday and before I had a chance to plant them, Smudge sniffed out the packet and ate the seeds! Ripped it open with his teeth and ate the stupid seeds!!!!And we wondered why he was bouncing around, meowing like a lunatic.

June's going to be a busy quilty month with the guild meeting, stash class, open house at my favorite store, and the NQA show in Columbus. So, stay tuned for news.....

Hugs,
Cathy

1 comment:

KyQuiltlady said...

I am new at blogging. Kristie introduced me to it. You sound like you got lots of energy to get to work on dishes as soon as you get home. Reading the quilt book is about like sewing, especially on a trip with no machine.