Monday, February 2, 2009

Vindication for a Misplaced Steeler Fan

You think you have it tough? Try living in the greater Cincinnati area during football season when you're a dyed-in-the-wool, genetically engineered Pittsburgh Steeler fan. All season long I watched the black and gold from afar, hid my Terrible Towel at the office and listened to the Bengals GARBAGE on every major media outlet in town. Not today, folks......

The Steelers are at the top of the NFL heap once again.

It's amazing how many folks at my office are congratulating me!!? As if I had anything to do about it. I just watched the game, tossed my towel at the television when things looked bad and celebrated after THE Ohio State University grad (Santonio Holmes) snatched that pigskin in the end zone.

I'd love to be in Pittsburgh with my cousins today and tomorrow. I expect the whole town is going bonkers.

And somewhere in heaven, my dad is smiling.

No comments: