In the interest of becoming more efficient in 2010, here is a list of the quilting and non-quilting goals for the coming new year:
1. Finish Jackson's baby quilt by February 1.
2. Finish P.J.'s wedding quilt by October 1.
3. Buy as little fabric as possible with the exception of backing and borders.
4. Use it, then put it away in its proper place. Let me explain: I'm really, really bad about pulling a fabric out of the storage container and then just tossing it on the shelf unit so many times that the shelves look like a mountain of fabric.
5. After purchasing Judy Martin's log cabin book - no more book or quilt magazine purchases. I have literally hundreds of patterns already. No need for any more!
6. Only one project out at a time. Picture this - a table runner on the cutting mat, two flimsies draped on the frame and a lap quilt on the sewing table. Messy!
7. Get both the Pfaff and Juki serviced in the summer.
8. Learn new techniques/systems as opportunities present themselves.
9. Finish a flimsy every month.
LIFE OUTSIDE QUILTING
1. Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity in each day. Wii fit, walking, etc - just do it!
2. Cut down on sweets - The holidays have wreaked havoc on my eating habits.
3. Keep in contact more often with family and friends.
4. Pray more, love more and enjoy more!
5. Don't take it all so seriously.
NOTE: The above-mentioned items are meant as guidelines. Author is not legally responsible for completion or non-completion of any item. Any attempt at copying these goals is in direct violation of Smudge's rules and regulations and will be dealt with severely/swiftly.