Monday, December 14, 2009

Ahead Of The Game

Despite the weekend just zooming by, I think I got a tremendous amount of work done in the sewing room. Here's what happened:

-loaded a lap quilt onto the frame, quilted it, attached the binding and am about 1/3 done with the hand sewing
-attached the binding to a Christmas quilt I'm keeping for myself
-got a large tote almost done from start to finish - just need to hand sew the edge and attach the handles
-quilted four place mats and attached the binding

Doesn't seem like much now, does it? There are only a few more things on the to-do list and most of them can be knocked out in one evening. Thus, leaving me more time to work on other things - shopping, baking, decorating, wrapping gifts, etc.

Speaking of shopping, I was doing just that on Saturday night after I dropped Andrea off at a party. Since Michael chose not to accompany me, I got a LOT done and am proud to say I am DONE with Christmas shopping........

....well, not quite.....Tattoo Boy's art box was stolen during one of his final exams last week. He's absolutely down about it, but I told him not to worry. I asked him to give me a list of the items in the box. Then, I e-mailed the list to family members who usually buy him gifts for Christmas and his birthday, which is two weeks after Christmas. We'll get him a few things from the list and perhaps a new metal box to store them all in.

Andrea and I watched the Susan Boyle special on television last night. I cannot listen to that woman sing without tearing up - not sure if it's the story behind her fame or the fact that she can sing like an angel that gets me all emotional. They gave her the encased award for her album selling over 3 million copies and Susan broke down in tears. Despite all the triumphs she's had I don't think she'll ever be jaded by her success. She just strikes me as being too down to earth for that. Plus, she's a cat woman and that's A-OK in my book!

Hugs,
Cathy

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for finishing the shopping!! And you got a lot done this weekend! Woo hoo!!