Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting Better

Love those three-day weekends! I did not get a huge amount of sewing done, but I greatly enjoyed the time I did have in the sewing room. I'm close to completing all the blocks I need for my "Sunshine and Shadows" log cabin quilt. Excellent way to use up the scraps. I posted some shots of the design wall and my sewing room on my Facebook account. For some reason, I can't figure out how to post them on my blog using my new laptop - I'll get some help with that soon.

I went to the Community Center last night and had a fitness assessment, or in my case, lack of fitness. Well, at least it's a starting point. And like my doctor said, it's time for Cathy to take care of Cathy. I may try an exercise class or two in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for the details. The trainer who did my assessment recommended a few classes to start with: gentle yoga, water aerobics, and Zumba. That's in addition to treadmilling it twice a week (minimum). If I pack my work out gear in the car and go straight to the center after work, I'll have a better chance of getting it done. Once I'm home most nights, FORGET IT - I don't want to go anywhere else once I'm home.

Andrea and I went to see the 3-D version of "Beauty and the Beast" at the theater yesterday afternoon. Not like we haven't seen this film a hundred times on DVD, but the 3-D changes were truly special.

Other than the above mentioned activities, nothing really special or different about the weekend: laundry, some shopping, bit of cleaning, church.....The nice thing about my life right now - most of my free time I can CHOOSE what I want to do. Like yesterday morning, I slept in until 10 am! That is so unlike me since I'm usually up around 7 or 8 on my off-work days. But, you know what? It felt good to sleep that long and I must have needed it.

Love ya,
Cathy

1 comment:

Regina said...

I've heard more people recommend Zumba, but have never tried it - the water aerobics and tai-chi and treadmill are all things I like...