Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Begins

When is it a good day to snow? Answer: On a day off from work.

That's what happened yesterday - we received our first measurable snow fall and I had the absolute luxury of staying home in the morning. Good thing too - the roads were a mess most of the morning.

Spent the time packing away the Christmas decor and made the decision to purchase a new tree for the 2012 festivities. (The old tree served us well for 15 years for a $29 expenditure.) Once the packing was accomplished, I headed for the sewing room and got eight blocks finished for a lapsized quilt with a kit from Connecting Threads.

Once Andrea crawled out of bed I knew my "me" time was done. We headed out into the snow for a lunch at Chipotle and a movie, "We Bought A Zoo".

The rest of the day - watching television and finishing the binding for a wall hanging. Great day, all-in-all - relaxing start to the new year.

Love ya,
Cathy

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Sounds like a great way to begin the new year! I was out and about in the morning and spent the afternoon and evening sewing away. Happy New Year!