Monday, March 3, 2008

Staying Away From Fabric Shops

But, that doesn't mean I'm not having fun! Are you sitting down? Good - I FINISHED LIZZY'S QUILT! Well, almost - I just have the hand stitching to do on the binding. Talk about frustration getting there - I quilted a section on Saturday and didn't like the look of it, so I ripped it out - took three hours. Once that was done, it was easy finishing it. I gotta thank Jen big time for recommending the on-line site for batting. The black batting I used for Lizzy's quilt worked wonderfully. As soon as we return from England, I'm going to order a bolt of the white batting. Now, if I could just figure out how to post a photo...

I'm somewhat envious of the fat quarter purchases I'm reading about on the other blogs. But, I am serious in my efforts to not purchase any more fabric. I slipped somewhat on my resolve last month. March is going to be better since I'll have less time to sew and plan.

Today at lunch time I'm driving to Best Friends and sign up for the next quarter's Stash Buster sessions. That's one way of using up the stash - by the end of the year, I'll have 12 scrappy quilts to show for my efforts.

The guild meeting is tonight - I'm looking forward to seeing the trunk show and listening to the author of Nickel Quilts.

Thank goodness the weather here has finally taken a turn for the warmer stuff, but from what I heard it's not going to last more than a day or two. I took a break from quilting yesterday and took Daisy for a long walk around the neighborhood. I think she forgot how much fun walks are since she didn't want to leave Andrea's nice warm, soft bed at first when I showed her the leash. Last fall and summer, that would have created instant pandemonium.

Good feeling for the day: I paid off two of our debts and the last of the '07 hospital charges for Michael. The bank balance doesn't look as nice, but it's great satisfaction to get rid of bills.

Have a great Monday!
Hugs,
Cathy

No comments: