Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rotation

I tried something new last night and I think it's going to work well for me in my efforts to get some of those quilt tops completed. For one hour, I'll work on a top loaded on the frame. Once that hour is done, I can switch to another piecing project and work on that for an hour. That gets my two hours in each day and "forces" me to finish some of those tops hanging in the closet. I'd like to get the quilting done on a variety of tops so I can handsew the bindings whilst I watch television or am somewhere away from the machines. Now, if I could just stick to this mid-year resolution. My New Year's resolution of not purchasing more fabric fell by the wayside a LONG time ago. There is no hope for me!!!!

Don't know if I've mentioned it, but the Bumpus house has been sold!! A young single man has bought it with help from his parents. They seem like very nice people and keen to get the place spruced up. The kittens the Bumpus family left behind are sleeping in the log pile and jungle gym over there, but Andrea and I have been feeding them for several weeks now. They're getting quite used to us and even let us pet/hold them. They hear our back door open and they run to us! It's so cute. Michael has agreed that we can keep them outside and he will build a cat shelter for them provided we get them neutered - all three kittens are girls. I'm searching for a low-cost place to get the work done - so far the best I can find is $40 per cat through the Humane Society. The mom cat? She's expecting another litter and we haven't seen her for a few days.

Keep Stitchin'

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love that plan, quilt on the frame for an hour a day. I've had the same quilt loaded on mine for a month. Just not motivated to finish it. It's about 3/4 done. I think your plan is great. Gonna give it a try myself...starting...tomorrow....
Regina

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great plan! I am going to try quilting at least one quilt a week. So.... how old or young is your neighbor? Old enough for a certain single quilter you know? Although, if he had to get help to buy the house, probably not. :( he he he