Friday, June 19, 2009

OUCH and OWIES

Today's ouch - mammogram. Need I say more?

I've been dealing with a nasty case of poison oak all week on my legs. Believe I've finally brought it under control with a bit of Benadryl last night. Good stuff and it helped me sleep through the night for the first time this week. We must get rid of those plants! They seem to pop up every year in a woody area near the house and I can't go within five feet of the boogers.

Tomorrow's the big day - the annual guild trip to NQA in Columbus. Must remember to pack the digital camera. Last year we met Eleanor Burns. This year? Who knows.....

And a big pat on my own back - two weeks of going to the gym before work! When Andrea returns to school at the end of August, I'll need to re-arrange to squeeze it in somehow. It's become a good part of my routine now.

No sewing. It seems I've had something to do every night this week. Thinking that NQA will inspire me to get back into the "groove".

Y'all have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Cathy

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am so glad that I'm going tomorrow. It was in doubt for awhile. You're right about that poison oak...we are dealing with some poison ivy in the corner of our yard right now. Nasty stuff! Can give you a personal hug tomorrow!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Congrats on the work out thing! Don't you just love a good boob squish? A necessary evil! Have a great week! Hope you enjoyed the quilt show!