Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rippit

Monique is right - it is easy to pull out stitching with the eyelets - I just didn't fathom how MUCH of it there was. I'm going to take the quilt off the frame tonight, work on removing the eyelet crap, and take my machine off the frame and get it into the shop. I may not have my Juki for two weeks as the man who does the repairs at my favorite place is on vacation. Time to work on smaller projects, eh?

I phoned my mother last night to accept her offer to accompany me during my out-patient surgery in 10 days. Instead, I heard of her own health issues - her cancer has returned - just learned yesterday after her yearly check-up. She's supposed to get some additional tests and treatment all next week, so she's not certain she'll be up for the drive here let alone helping me out. Last time she had the treatment course they're prescribing, it knocked her on her butt for days. I told her not to worry about me, but of course, she will. (I know I got the "worry gene" from her!)

Michael has "graciously" (NOT!) consented to take me to the hospital for my procedure. If I can convince Andrea to come with us at least he'll have somebody to talk to when I'm out of it.

OK, enough. Back to sewing issues. I got a sales brochure from Joann's in the mail which features a product called Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine. Anybody know a thing about this? I looked it up on line and it can cut strips up to 2 and 3/4 inches. Not sure if it's worth the $60 pricetag. Anybody have any opinions on this?

Hugs,
Cathy

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! You're one tough woman...don't forget that....hang in there.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Oh, Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear all your sewing and health news. How about letting Michael off the hook and allowing me to take you for your procedure? I can read or cross-stitch while I'm waiting for you. That's what friends are for. Hugs!