Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I want to stay home and sew

I suppose the title says it all! LOL. It's a dreary, damp day in southwest Ohio. I'm here at the office, but obviously not working. Michael has the day off, so when I left for work he was still sound asleep. I think I'll have some fun and phone in a few minutes to wake him! (I'm so wicked!)

Real productive night in the sewing room last night. I have ten more blocks to sew and I'll have the required 48 for the Stash Pot Pie quilt. Could have had them all done, but for some strange reason I wanted to watch the President's State of the Union speech on television. Should have stayed in the sewing room since I fell asleep during the speech. Suppose it wasn't that rousing a talk! Soooooooooo, I'm hoping to get the blocks all done and start to stitch them together - that's the truly exciting part of making a quilt - seeing it all come together.

Another interesting thing that happened yesterday. I received an e-mail from a former co-worker (she was fired last fall) informing me that I was going to receive a subpoena to testify in her wrongful dismissal case. Talk about the LAST thing I want to do! I knew this woman and had lunch with her from time to time, but she worked in an area that had some interaction with mine. I can't really attest to whether or not she did or work in an accurate and timely manner. My boss recommended that I advise our corporate attorneys about this, which I've done. Yet to hear back from them. In the meantime, I e-mailed the former co-worker and told her I was real uncomfortable doing what she's asking. Stay tuned.......

No plans for this evening other than to sew and take care of this rotten cold that I've acquired. Michael has pulmonary therapy again this afternoon, so I'm sure I'll hear all about that at dinner-time.

Don't know about everybody else, but I will be so very glad to flip the calendar to February. Keeping my fingers crossed that Phil doesn't see his shadow on the 2nd!

Hugs and love,
Cathy

No comments: