Friday, January 18, 2008

TGIF - Big Time TGIF

I was soooooooooooooo glad to get out of that office at 4:30 this afternoon. After missing a few hours yesterday, there was a huge stack of files waiting for me. Somehow, I managed to get the pile down to a respectable size by the time I left. So, right now, Andrea's getting ready to go out for another movie, Michael's watching the usual Friday night shows on BBC America and I'm debating whether or not I should get some sewing done. I just got off the treadmill - 30 minutes- cooling off a bit by writing.

Today's lunch hour was spent at a fabric store picking up a few odds and ends I NEED for the class quilt and a Thimblerries pattern for our bedroom. Don't you think it's about time I made some quilts for us? I used the last of my gift card and part of the money I earned stitching small gifts for the kids' Christmas party at work. Can't complain about the price, eh?

Speaking of quilts, Michael's middle daughter sent us a lovely note thanking me for the quilt. She's thrilled with it. Jenny also sent photos of their new dog, Sweety, a cross between a mini-dachshund and a Jack Russell. Really cute thing.

The best bit about today - it leads into a three day weekend!!!!!!! Tomorrow's WI (ugh), grocery shopping, my son and his girlfriend are here for dinner. Sunday is a stitch in at Jill's house. Monday -nothing planned until after dinner - the first church quilt group meeting of the year. I think a friend from WW is going with me. I'll know for sure when I see Sue at WI in the morning. I'm REALLY looking forward to sleeping in. It's supposed to be frightenly cold this weekend. That's something Michael has to be careful about, according to the pulmonary therapist. He should cover his mouth and nose with a scarf or tissue when he's outside and it's so cold.

I'm optimistic that this therapy is going to help him, but he's already antsy about the work-outs. He remembers the time he was on the treadmill at the cardiologist's when they worked him to get his heart rate higher. He said it practically corpsed him. I reminded him tonight that they're not going to do that with the rehab, the therapist told him so and he saw how the others in the room were working out. It's like anything new with him. He's real hesitant to try at first. It's a wonder he ever flew over to the states to meet me!

Well, my son just popped in to visit, so I'll close for now.

Stay warm, y'all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I've got asthma and I too have to breathe through a scarf when it's that cold. Otherwise my lungs suffer big time.