Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Dance Time

I got the Lizzy quilt pieced and ready for the border! I showed it to Michael who said it looked nice and definitely looks like something Lizzy would like. It bloody well should since he was the one who picked out the pattern. Next to figure out is how it should be quilted.

It's so nice to know that I'm going to have a quiet weekend with no planned outings - just the quilt class tomorrow and a bit of shopping on Sunday. Andrea needs a quiet weekend as well - her cold seemed worse this morning to me and I had to fight to get her to take anything for it. If she's not better by Monday, I'll get her an appointment with Dr. Peerless.

With all the crud going around, Michael's lung issues and just the general mood in the office, I am so ready for spring. I know, I know, we haven't had much in the way of snow and ice. Sunny days and warmer winds just sound so revitalizing at the moment. I complained to Michael last night (wrong thing to do) about the trip to England, the money it's costing and how his family has this wrong impression that we have money. (He in turn called me selfish, which hurt, but I'm not getting into that.) Honestly, though, even a week in cold, damp English would be a welcome change of pace and at least it's away from the routine and office. That's only six weeks from now. I think I can hang in there until then.

Warm hugs and love,
Cathy

No comments: