Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rainy Wednesday

I need to admit that we're very lucky with the warmer temperatures we've had the last few days. Shudder to think of how much snow if it had been colder. It's a good day to take a nap - wet and nasty out there. Think anybody would mind if took a snooze in my work cubicle? Probably.

I'm making good progress on the Lizzy quilt - two of the six big blocks are done and I've organized the rest of the small blocks for easy sewing. I'm missing two of the little blocks, but thank goodness I have enough fabric left over to easily patch the shortage. It will be a beautiful quilt, but not one I want to work on again.

Last night I gave Andrea a stack of quilt books and told her to select which quilt she would like made for her bed. I'm trying to get her more interested in the art. She chose a pattern from the last issue of easy quilts from Fons & Porter - something called Tiramasu. But, she wants different colours from the one in the magazine. Sometime later this month, I'll take her to the fabric store and let her choose the fabrics.

Michael reportedly had a good work-out during therapy yesterday. The therapist told him they're contacting the pulmonologist to get a prescription for at home oxygen so Michael can work on the treadmill in our bedroom. Michael's not thrilled about that and said we're not getting it. Why doesn't that man listen? Anyways, I collected my thoughts and cornered him later in the evening and said, "Look here, you stubborn git, I want you around for years to come and one way to make sure that happens is for you to get exercise. We are getting that oxygen and you are using it. I do not care what it costs. End of discussion!" He didn't say a word. There are still five weeks of his therapy left - he will need to make the most of it. I don't think I'll be able to convince him to continue it after the prescribed insurance time is up. This translates into picking and choosing the battles with a man who is supposedly of sound mind.

Looking forward to getting some sewing done tonight in between loads of laundry.

Hugs and love,
Cathy

No comments: