Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Year of the Rat!

Today's Chinese New Year and as is our tradition, we'll be getting Chinese take-away for dinner tonight. Yeah! No cooking for this bad girl! I will behave myself and get mixed stir fry veggies. I'm positive that Andrea and Michael will more than make up for me in the calorie and fat department.

Which reminds me: Michael lost a pound last week! How did he do that? The man eats like a pig, doesn't work out, yet he loses a pound. I journal, work out on the treadmill and gain .6! ?????!!!!

Andrea can't seem to shake the bug one of her friends so graciously shared with her. It's a good thing she's kept to herself. I certainly don't want Michael to come down with any of the crud that's floating around. A simple cold could knock him flat with his pulmonary fibrosis.

As for me, no complaints. I'd rather be home sewing, of course. I should have the big blocks for the Lizzy quilt all done tonight. One of my friends from work is scheduled to have a hysterectomy soon and I was wondering if I have enough time to quilt a decent pretty lap quilt for her. There are so many things I want to start, but I have to be disciplined and finish certain things first. How do you all keep yourself from flirting from one project to another?

Really looking forward to the Stash Buster's class on Saturday. I'm a bit hesitant about showing my quilt top to the class though. It will be the first time any other quilters have looked at my work. I suppose as long as the room isn't filled with a bunch of quilt Nazis I should be OK.

Hugs,
Cathy

No comments: